Advanced Brain Monitoring is an established, innovative company located in Carlsbad, CA.We have developed disruptive technology that has led to pioneering research into cognitive state assessment, biomarker development, and brain health. We are seeking a Product Development Engineer who is ready to take on a career challenge and will play a pivotal role in our continued growth. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter looking to move into a management role, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has a passion for unlocking the mysteries of the brain.
TheProduct Development Engineer assists in the design, development, and release of existing and new ABM products, including associated software. This position works to ensure all software is developed, verified/validated, and released according to controlling standard operating procedures (SOP’s). The Product Development Engineer also assists with client and technical support.
· Works as part of the development team to develop and validate software, firmware, and hardware, as well as product improvement projects from requirements through release.
· Attend design review meetings and ensure design controls are applied during
· Provide troubleshooting and testing expertise.
· Create and review verification/validation plans to ensure products meet requirements and fulfill their intended use.
· Manage milestones and product release timelines.
· Assist with customer complaints and corrective and preventive action.
· Troubleshoot and respond to customer issues and develop user training guides and documentation.
· Review and advise on updates to SOP’s.
· Experience in managing software development, requirements planning, documentation, testing, and implementation.
· Experience in managing and completing product development projects.
· Basic familiarity with software architecture and design.
· Basic level of understanding programing languages (C++, C#, andJava).
· Basic familiarity with signal processing concepts.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues for electronic devices and software, and initiate/manage corrective and preventive action.
· Experience creating quality control plans and improving product quality and performance.
· Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (e.g., FDA, , ISO, and MDR).
· Ability to organize tasks and maintain a high degree of attention to detail with a sense of urgency.
· Ability to self-manage, multi-task, handle conflicting priorities, and adapt rapidly to new projects and deadlines.
· Demonstrate desire to continually learn new skills and perform new tasks.
· Enjoys working with others in a team environment.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, software development, or science or 5 yrs. equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
Due to the occasional tasks that may require close proximity to patients, test subjects, and study participants, this job position requires the individual to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. ABM offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
ABM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to embracing diverse backgrounds. ABM does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.