Steps to Complete a Study
Sleep Profiler – Portal
This outlines the steps to complete a Sleep Profiler study. The Hardware and Software Technical Manuals should be used as references.
- Identify System Components: View the hardware manual to familiarize yourself with the device and supplies that were provided.
- Charge the Device: Remove the Sleep Profiler device from the case and plug one end of the USB cable into a computer and the other end into the device’s microUSB port to charge. Note: the microUSB port must be used for all data transfers.
- Login to the Portal: Open a web browser and download and install the Sleep Profiler Launcher software. Navigate to the Sleep Profiler Portal www.SleepProfiler.com. Enter your username and password to log in.
- Manage the Device Settings: Click the Device Management link to open the device manger window which allows you to format, set the optional channel, and assign patient information to the device (see details below).
- Format the Device: From the Device Management window click the Format Device button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the formatting process. The device will need to be powered off while still plugged in to complete the device formatting.
- Set Optional Channel: If you wish to use an optional channel (i.e. EMG or ECG), click the Device Setup button from the Device Management window and select the desired channel. Attach the EMG/ECG cable to the device and attach the sensors onto the cable. Make sure to print a copy of the EMG or ECG Patient Instructions for the patient.
- Assign Patient Information to the Device: From the Device Management window click the Edit Patient Info button and enter patient information on the Patient tab. Enter the name of the ordering physician on the Physician tab. When done, click the Transfer to Device button.
- Prepare Patient Documents: Gather the following documents and place with the device into the black case:
- Sleep Profiler Patient Instructions
- Questionnaire (Optional)
- Sleep Diary (Optional)
- EMG or ECG Patient Instructions (Optional)
- Dispense Device to Patient: Review the patient video and patient instructions with the patient. The video is available at https://cportal.b-alert.com/sleep-profiler/videohelp, when the page opens, click the Patient Instructions Video.
- Receive Device from Patient after Study: When the device is returned, remove and discard the disposable components, then clean the device using the cleaning instructions in the Hardware manual.
- Transfer Study Data from the Device: Log into the portal and plug the device into the computer. Click Device Management. Click the Upload Study from Device button. Wait for the study to upload. Once upload is complete, a message will appear saying “Upload successfully finished!”
- Format the Device: During the upload, a window will pop-up asking you to format the device; click Yes to this pop-up. Follow the on-screen instructions to turn the device off by pushing the button. This will erase the old data from the device to prepare the device for the next patient.
- Charge the Device and Apply Disposables for the Next Patient: Leave device plugged in (to either computer or wall adapter) until voice message indicates device is fully charged. Once fully charged, unplug device. Attach new disposable components and pack everything back into the black case.
- Enter Questionnaire Information: In the software, from the Sleep Profiler home page, select Actions & Reports > New Questionnaire. Enter Questionnaire responses and click Save.
- Enter Sleep Diary Information: From the Sleep Profiler home page, select Actions & Reports > New Sleep Diary. Enter Sleep Diary responses and click Save.
- View and Edit the Study: From the Sleep Profiler home page, open the study in the study editor by clicking Edit Study and selecting the file. The study editor will open in a new window and can be edited as necessary. In addition to the Sleep Profiler Software Manual, the Sleep Profiler: Application and Editing of Sleep Staging video should be used as a reference.
- View Reports: Once all editing is complete, click Save and close the study editor. Refresh the Sleep Profiler home page by clicking the refresh button on the left side of the page. The edit will appear in the Edit Study list. A new report will appear in the Actions & Reports > Sleep Profiler Report list, select the desired study report.
- Generate a Final Report: Once all edits are complete, generate a final report with physician signature by selecting the Save Final button in the Study Editor.
D42-8207-2 Rev 14